This is a hands-on management position with a very active role in managing client accounting activities and client relations. Responsible for planning and execution of day to day activities for our clients, in accordance with policy, goals and objectives. Recommends and enforces policies and procedures affecting the Accounting/Finance department and other controls affecting the financial condition of the Company. Must lead by example, inspire others to share in a vision for the future and live core ideologies of the Company.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Administers policies, procedures and programs related to the Accounting/Finance functions that are designed to meet specific needs of Numbers Up, LLC, and its clients. and comply with applicable governing rules and regulations.
- Hands-on management of the month-end and day-to-day accounting activities.
- Prepare journal entries and related supporting account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of financial reports and alignment of reports with accounting standards and principles.
- Oversees, directs and reviews the financial statement process for distribution to both internal and external users, which includes providing supplemental commentary and analysis as required.
- Establish and foster a focus of financial accountability relative to the both the income statement and balance sheet.
- Prepares and/or reviews daily cash management activities relative to the Company’s main operating account and borrowing facilities.
- Coaches, mentors, evaluates and reviews Accounting/Finance staff direct reports in accordance with Company policies.
- Evaluates and reviews Accounting/Finance staffing requirements relative to performing its required functions.
- Oversees, directs and reviews effective internal controls for the Company’s accounting processes to ensure accuracy, integrity and safeguarding of assets.
- Oversees, directs and reviews activities related to the Company’s sales tax compliance requirements.
- Assist with business and personal tax return preparation for clients.
- Other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management.• Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience: Three to seven years of accounting and finance experience, consisting of at least two years of management or supervisory capacity. Mix of public and private industry experience preferred.
- Skills: Must be detail oriented and have a very good working knowledge of generally accepting accounting principles and other governing accounting standards. Financial analysis, account reconciliation and financial statement preparation, evaluation and interpretation skills are also required. Must have experience in dealing with outside auditors relative to financial audits and experience in planning, preparing and summarizing budgets. Some exposure to income, sales and property taxes is a plus. Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as, interpersonal skills, ability to discretely handle confidential information, organizational and time management skills are required. Must have basic proficiency with office equipment, such as fax machines, digital telephone/voicemail, copiers and printers. Must have excellent PC skills in Excel and Access.
- Licensure/Certifications: Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Other: Any other combination of education, experience and skills, which would qualify an individual to adequately perform the essential job functions, may be considered as fulfillment of these requirements.